So that's November...sorry, I mean April, over. (It was April, wasn't it??).
What went on in April? Well, I'm still not really blogging but I'm kind of planning some posts for the next month....we'll see. I stayed home and kept warm a lot. So much for walking and gardening, which were kind of on the agenda. Ah well. With that said, the cold weather was a great excuse to hole up and get some more of my novel written (see below).
My word for 2016 is EVOLVE, and I'm trying to be conscious of the small and large things I do on a daily basis that help me evolve. That is, anything that involves learning a new skill, trying something new, going somewhere new, pushing me out of my comfort zone or heading more towards the ideal life that I want to live.
This was how April went:
- I managed to blag a free online course on how to become a creative entrepreneur (loving it so far - whether I put the advice into practice remains to be seen)
- I finished my short story and angel healing courses
- I finished my reiki case studies
- I had my winning story published in Writing Magazine
- I tried out two crystal healing treatments on willing victims
- I stuck with Project 333
- I meditated every day, which means I managed to meditate for 100 straight days!
- I wrote 5000 words of my novel, which was my target for the month
- I booked a trip to Glasgow in May and a trip to Belfast in June
- I went on one of the local walks in my walking book
- I wrote and submitted one short story every week
- I changed bank accounts to one with much more interest (doesn't sound like a big deal but I've had the same current account since 1997)
- Despite the weather, I did get out more and managed to socialise at least once a week, which is pretty impressive for me
God, the good weather has to arrive in May! Here's a loose plan of what I hope to do this month (subject to change, as always)...
- Start my crystal healing case studies
- Research a week abroad somewhere later in the year
- Pick a magazine to pitch an article to
- Meditate every day
- Make my own eco-friendly deodorant
- Pick a new tattoo design
- Finish my novel plan
- Do another walk from my book
- Do some blogging!
How was your April? Any plans for May?