I've seen these blog nomination/award things doing the rounds before, but I've never been nominated until now! How exciting is this - thank you Elise :)
So here are the rules, for those who haven't already done it:
- Share 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions set by the nominator
- Link back to the person who nominated you
- Make up 11 questions to ask your nominees (5-11 nominees with 200 or less followers)
- Tell them they're nominated!
Anyway, here goes...
11 Facts About Me
- I'm quite spiritual; I meditate, carry crystals and do Angel Card readings. This surprises a lot of people because I don't look like your average, stereotypical spiritual-type
- I have a phobia of swimming pools stemming from jumping into a pool for the first time at three-years-old and pretty much swallowing half the pool. This means I can't swim, which makes me sad as I live metres away from one of the best surfing beaches in the world, and I'd love to surf
- I have chronic rhinitis and can out-snot/out-sneeze pretty much everyone I know
- I love dinosaurs so much that when I see something with a dinosaur on it, I point and shout like an over-excited child
- I have one younger sister, who has learning difficulties. She is stubborn and selfish, hilarious and gregarious. Out of everyone I've ever met, she's taught me the most, both about life and about myself
- I hate decorating so much that when the time comes to decorate this house, I'd rather sell it and buy a new one
- I currently have no intentions of having children but I love looking at tiny baby clothes in shops. They're just so small!!
- Following on from number 7, I am accepting of the fact that I will probably never be a mother, because its my choice, but one of the things in life that makes me the most sad is that I will never be a biological aunt
- I swear like an absolute trooper. If you're offended by bad language, I recommend that you don't spend time with me
- I love reading about quantum physics and nutrition/health
- Most of my favourite foods begin with C - cheese, chips, crisps, chocolate, cake, cookies, cream
And here are the answers to Elise's questions...
How did you get to your current job and do you love it?
I did love my job but I think I need a new challenge now so I don't love it as much as I did! After I left University I came back to this small piddly town which has very few employment opportunities, and was lucky to get a clerical job with the local Council. I then moved to a finance position for a few years. A job in the waste department was advertised and as I wanted an eco-related job I thought it was perfect but they wanted someone with a waste management degree. I applied anyway and was surprised to get the job - the fact I'd had so many year's local government experience, and the fact I impressed them with the presentation I'd prepared for the interview, was enough to get me the job!
Your most worn item of clothing
God, I have a few of these. Probably my black Rocket Dog Crayon biker boots. I love them. They've been reheeled about six times but now the sole is split so I doubt they'll last the winter :(
Favourite Song From Childhood
Anything from The Cars Greatest Hits. Bit of an odd choice, but my Dad played this to death. I remember coming home from school and hearing it blaring through the house. I know all the songs by heart and every time I hear any of them it reminds me of my Dad.
What's on your 'To Read' pile?
A LOAD of books! In particular I want to re-read all the Game of Thrones books again, one after the other. Think there's one more still to come out so I might aswell wait. Also '11.22.63' by Stephen King, 'The Year of the Rat' by Clare Furniss, 'The Paying Guests' by Sarah Water and 'Bend Not Break: A Life In Two Worlds' by Ping Fu.
The best movie you've seen this year (new or old)
I don't watch a lot of movies and I can't remember what I've seen this year! I'm bound to have watched something by Studio Ghibli though - I'll say 'From Up On Poppy Hill' because I know I watched it. I pretty much love all SG films. If I had children, they'd be watching these and not any of that Disney pish, I can tell you that.
What advice would you give your teenage self?
Life gets better, but at the same time it will never be as carefree as it is right now, so make the most of it. And stop trying so hard to be different. You already are different - pretending you don't give a shit about stuff that really you care about, is just twattish. Stop it.
A skill/talent you wish you had
I wish I could swim and surf (see above) and I also wish I could sing or be a bit more musical.
Show us the oldest picture on your phone
I have no idea...
I have no idea...
Current food obsession
Salad consisting of whatever salad veg is in the fridge, topped with sliced goats cheese, pine nuts and sliced peaches, drizzled with olive oil & basalmic vinegar. Salads bore the hell out of me, I've struggled to find a combination I really enjoy, but I had this for 3 lunches last week and I'm still loving it.
Beach or countryside?
No! Don't make me pick between these. If pushed, I think I'd pick beach. Yeah, beach. Because living by the sea is more important to me than living in the countryside.
The best cinema you've ever been to
I haven't been to a lot of cinemas so I'm going to turn this around and write about the worst. We have a cinema in town, its the only one north of Inverness (which is 120 miles away) so it has a big catchment area. It's really good as far as cinemas go, but a few years ago it was under different management and was so shit that it went bankrupt despite the fact there was no other cinema for anyone to go to. It always smelled really bad inside, a mix of sewage and cat food - never figured that one out. The new owners are raking the money in, I have no idea how the last lot cocked up so badly.
Now, this leaves me in a bit of a quandry because most of my regular readers have already been nominated. So I'm going to be lazy and nominate ANYONE WHO READS THIS AND HASN'T ALREADY DONE IT.
And my questions are...
- Why did you start blogging?
- Best book you've ever read
- If you could have a dinner party with any 4 people (alive or dead, real or ficional) who would they be and why?
- If you could have any 2 liquids come out of your nipples, what would they be and why?
- Who inspires you?
- Restaurant, take-away or home cooking?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
- If you could have a superpower, what would it be and why?
- Are you a planner or are you spontaneous?
- What do you do to relax?
- Share some good advice with me!