- There were reindeer in town last weekend! It was hard to get a decent photograph, this is one of the best I got. There was a baby one too!
- And in further interests of getting into the festive spirit, I went to the local pantomime, first time I'd been to a panto in years. It was hilariously funny, and for an amateur group, it really was fantastic
- It was my birthday two Sunday's ago - I got a meditation mat and cushion from Adam, and we went out for dinner. Then it was Adam's birthday last Sunday, I got him a Bonzai tree and made him a lemon and lime cheesecake
- In true Grinch-style, Adam's work sent him a letter last week telling him he's only entitled to 9 weeks full pay while off sick, and not the 6 months we had expected. So after a few meltdowns, we've figured that we'll just need to re-jiggle my wage a bit, and we'll get by. He won't be back at work any time soon, but things could be a lot worse
- Saying that, he's still doing OK. He gets tired so easily though, and he gets pains in his right foot and knee which means he can't walk far. He had an MRI scan last week to see if all the tumour has been removed - the scans had to go to his Consultant so we haven't heard back yet
- On a happier note, one of my stories won second prize in a Writing Magazine competition - theme: Adult Fairy Story. I'm so excited about this!
- What's with all the thunder and lightning?! We had over 1500 flashes of lightning in one day last week, and I've lost count of how many nights its woken us. Weirdest weather ever!
- Adam got loads of DVDs for his birthday so we'll be spending the next few evenings watching anime films. Last night was The Wind Rises, tonight will be one of four Naruto films he got
- I had the day off work today. I love days off. That's all there is to say, really
So that's December so far. How's life with you?